Starsurge is my fanlisting collective which houses all of my fanlistings not attached to shrines, and links those that are attached to shrines, because why not? Basically, it helps keep things looking neat and organized on my end. I have so many fanlistings at this point that going without a collective isn't really an option anymore. Trust me, I've tried. It was more of a hassle than anything. If I only had a very small number of fanlistings then maybe I could go without, but at this point not so much, lest I drive myself insane. Starsurge was opened on October 20, 2011.
I'm not quite sure what drove me to make this collective other than maybe to make things easier on me. After the closing of my previous fanlisting collective, which was on its own domain, I decided I could do without having a fanlisting collective to house my fanlistings and simply link them at the main domain instead. It was fine for a while but eventually I found it to be more work than it was worth. At the time I only had 16 fanlistings and felt I could not get myself to go below that many fanlistings. But in addition to that I also found it somewhat annoying to create a new subdomain every time I was approved for a new fanlisting, plus the behind the scenes irritated the heck out of me. It was a mess. I guess you could say this collective was more for the sake of my sanity than anything.
Starsurge was named after a Balance Druid ability from World of Warcraft because I liked the sound and look of it and I couldn't think of better at the time. Also I like druids (even if I main a hunter).
Currently we are on version 9 of the site which features a female miqo'te bard from the video game Final Fantasy XIV. After the one page style I had going on with the main domain I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with my fanlisting collective. I'm surprised at how well it worked out and with how happy I am with everything. I honestly wasn't expecting that. The layout was made by me using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and coded by hand using Notepad. I don't remember where the image used was found but patterns used were found at Subtle Patterns. Fonts used are called Felix Titling. Previous layouts used may be found at my layout archive.